How to Replace Vent Window WeatherstripsAdmin
In our newest How-To video Danny shows you step by step how to replace your vent window weatherstrips.
- Removing the vent window from the frame
- Removing the vent window weatherstrip
- Installing the new vent window weatherstrip
- Putting the vent window back into the frame
- Removing and replacing the run channel on the opposite side of the vent window frame
His clear explanation of this process will ensure that even the most inexperienced diy-er can do this project at home in an afternoon.
These particular weatherstrips are going on a 1950 Pontiac Chieftain but this method can be used for any vent window.
- 3M Adhesive Cleaner: https://www.steelerubber.com/3m-gener…
- Steele Scraper/Tuck Tool: https://www.steelerubber.com/scraper-…
Parts Used (specific to a 1953 Pontiac Cheiftain Convertible):
- Vent Window Weatherstrip Kit: https://www.steelerubber.com/vent-win…
- Rigid Run Channel- Upper: https://www.steelerubber.com/rigid-ru…
- Rigid Run Channel- Lower: https://www.steelerubber.com/rigid-ru…
- Flathead screwdrivers
- Needle nose pliers
- Adjustable wrench
- Shop Rags
- Pop rivets
- Rivet gun
Steele not only has all the products you need but all the knowledge you need to get the job done right, too. If you have questions about Rubber Parts or Weatherstripping on your Classic Car, Truck, Hot Rod or even your boat, trailer or RV, feel free to reach out to us! You can call us at 800-650-4482, contact us through our website or comment on this post and we’ll get you answers as quickly as possible. Check out our YouTube channel for our full library of how-to/installation videos.